above, St. Charles Condensing Co., formerly at the southwest corner of King Street West & Whiting Streets – circa 1900
Built in 1899 by the St. Charles Condensing Company, the Ingersoll plant was purchased by the Borden Company Limited, it’s first Canandian factory. The building was demolished in 2000
above, An arch constructed by the St. Charles Condensing Co. in all likelihood to celebrate a royal visit.
above, The St. Charles Condensing Co. 1909 Football Team Champions
Standing at rear: W. Tilt [manager], E. Noe [secretary-treasurer]
Back Row: R. B. Hutt, T. Fitzmorris, H. Land
Middle Row: C. Clark, J. Milne [captain], L. Henderson, J. Cray, A. French
Front Row: C. Woolson, C. Smith, J. Clark, A. Clark, F. Houghton, E. Ellery
above, an historic postcard depicting the St. Charles Condensing Co.